Thursday, April 24, 2008

I JUST WANT TO BE ME by Nivedita Sonak

Nivdita is a I yr (CS- A & B) student who first read this poem in one of the Pragmatic Communication sessions.

I’m a human being,
Who wants to fly on her own wings,
High, soaring high in the air through the rainbows,
Touching the sky without any fear and foes,
That is why,I want to be me,
Like a bird which is just set free.

Neither I want to be a replica,nor a clone,
To make my stand in this world alone,
My ego is low but dreams high,
With roots deep and fruit ripe,
So,I want to be me,
Like a growing tree.

I know my depth but wish not reveal,
I care not for others as I want myself to feel,
Deep in my thoughts,I explore some faults,
As a personof low stature,but of high cults,
But I want to be me,
Like a flowing sea.

Oh GOD! I want no more,
But just some vigour assured.
A strength to face this world like fire,
Where humanity is coiled up in an ugly attire.
Even then I want to be me,
Away from sins,under thy serenade beam.

3 comments:

Anil Kumar Baghel said...

Nice one Nivedita
on ur lines only i felt like writing sumthin...which is as below..:

For me being me is being with you,
i knw its bewildering, but my dear it is true.
i was asked to be happy for your sake,
and see i smiled...though it was fake.
ma feelins were never ever vague for u to understand,
u were lucid enough as u dint even blink ur eyes b4 leaving my hand.
for me being me was being with you,
and now when you do not subsist, being me is me for me too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Anil..!!

N dis piece z simply WoW!!..so much into depth..truly appreciable..!!

Anonymous said...

As the moonlight shines on the water,
and the cool breeze passes thru your hairs,
the sweet smile on your face,
it makes me forget all that I fear.
There were moments when I thought of it as a dream,
and as it broke I never wanted to be free.
There are times when you love to live,
and then there are times when you just live.
You dont breathe, you just inhale,
and that is the time when you realize it was not a dream.
A part of me died as a branch fell from a tree,
let me relive that dream, let me be free again.


Somenames to be kept a secret...